Re: Git repository with full GCC history

Whoops, trimmed CC:

On 5/31/07, Bernardo Innocenti <bernie@codewiz.org> wrote:
Harvey Harrison wrote:

> Are you sure it packs to 877MB?  Oh, are you including a checked out
> gcc source tree in that total?

No, I only computed the .git size.

OK, just seemed like my size with working tree was close to your reported size.

> This is a fully packed repo with default packing settings. (git gc)

I did it with "git-repack -a -d"... should have the same result.

Was this repo made with svnimport or git-svn? svnimport is faster but chooses bad delta bases as a result. git repack -a -d -f would allow git to choose better deltas rather than reusing the deltas that svnimport created. (I think, I'm not a git expert).

How many commits do you have? 81193 here.

git rev-list HEAD | wc 80419

Hmmm, mine is only a clone of trunk, but I am suprised by the blowup
in size.  I'll go pick up the rest of the svn commits and see what
that does to my pack.

What version of git did you use? 1.5.0.6 here.

1.5.2

Harvey