Re: special keyword for silent wrong-code bugs

On Friday 25 May 2007, Thomas Koenig wrote:
> What about a keyword for bugs that
>
> - generate wrong code
> - affect a standard-conforming program
> - are silent (no error message)

We already have one: "wrong-code"

1 and 3 mutually exclusive. ie. if we generate an error, then by definition we
don't generate bad code because the compilation process never gets that far.

2 is a IMHO fairly academic distinction. We either care about code working
(and support no-conforming code as an extension), or we decide that we're ok
with that particular code being broken.

Paul