Re: I don't understand some of gcc-4.1-20070514, a patch here.

2007/5/19, i wrote at http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2007-05/msg00470.html:
Hi developers,

for this http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2007-05/msg00451.html

you have this nice cleanup's patch of gcc/loop.c that transliterates the logic
of the uses of the loop_invariant_p (..) and consec_sets_invariant_p (..)
functions.

I've patched it, builded and executed, and again again with this patched gcc.
It's OK.

It will be more readable and comprehensible. I did patch the comprehension!

To the expert person only, please, read now the loop algorithms that
uses *_OF_LOOP_P if there is any failed logic or not.

Sincerely yours, J.C.

First of all, patches should be posted to gcc-patches@, not to this list.

> I've patched it, builded and executed, and again again with this patched
> gcc. It's OK.

This is not sufficient.  Patch submission must comply with strict rules that
are listed at http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html.

> To the expert person only, please, read now the loop algorithms that
> uses *_OF_LOOP_P if there is any failed logic or not.

loop.c is gone in the mainline sources.  Patching it on the 4.1 branch is
allowed only if you have a testcase that exposes a serious bug.

--
Eric Botcazou

I've read http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html and agreed it.

I'd modified the patch: '//' to '/*' .. '*/' to not abort the build.

I've made the following

make bootstrap
make -k check

through my script gcc_build.sh and it's OK. Too, i did

grep -v '^PASS:' gcc.sum > gcc_grep_no_PASS.sum

Sincerely yours, J.C. ;)