Re: GCC 4.2.0 Status Report (2007-05-11)

On May 15, 2007, at 2:03 PM, J.C. Pizarro wrote:
2007/5/12, Mike Stump <mrs@apple.com> wrote:
On May 11, 2007, at 3:36 PM, J.C. Pizarro wrote:
> On 5/12/07, Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> wrote:
>> PR 31797: An infinite loop in the compiler while building RTEMS.
>
> 1. Can you localize its last output that stops in its internal
> infinite loop?
> 2. Or, is there an infinite outputting in the console?

Did you read the referenced bug report?  I suspect not.  If not,
please consider that you consume $100 for each email you post here
and ask yourself, have I donated $100 worth of code to the project
recently to pay for the cost of the email.  If not, consider not
posting the email or donating some more code to pay for it.

Are you a president?

Sure.

You are mistaken, i have my freedom of expression. I am free like any person.

Really? So, do you think you're free to talk about how to bake brownies on this list?

Watch the google video linked to from slashdot a little while ago about code development in open source projects:

http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/03/12/1449201

and see what role you play, then see what role the people that tell you your posts are off-topic play and try and guess what role I play. Ask yourself, what direct benefit to the project does your contribution have? This list is for people that want to contribute code to gcc and for those that want to help and enable people that want to contribute code to gcc. My response to you I think is fairly off-topic for the list and is why I didn't include the whole list on that response, and I think your response above is off-topic as well.

Let me repeat once more, please, stop posting off-topic posts to this list. This list is not open to off-topic posts. If you want to talk about the appropriateness of posting things to this list, you can talk about that on gnu-misc-discuss@gnu.org if you'd like.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.