Re: GCC 4.2.0 Status Report (2007-05-11)

Joe Buck <Joe.Buck@synopsys.COM> wrote:
> But this was never a documented, supported way of doing things;
> nothing that involves hand-editing could be.

Fair enough, as far as my particular case is concerned.  But something
new in 4.2 is inserting "-Xcompiler" between "-Xlinker" and the
following argument.  It may be that this insertion can be triggered in
other ways that don't involve hand-editing, which would make it
definitely a bug.  So this is not known to be a bug, but also not
known to not be a bug.

> Maybe there could be something like --with-libc=/some/path that
> would automatically generate the correct Makefiles; that would be an
> enhancement.

Yes, although a more general enhancement would be to let the user add
arbitrary flags to LDFLAGS_FOR_TARGET.

paul