Re: GCC 4.1: Problem with old-loop and REG_EQUAL notes

> Sure, that would be an alternative compared to always removing the
> REG_EQUAL notes when hoisting an insn and it would fix my particular
> testcase as well.

Then it's pre-approved for the branch if your testcase exhibits a regression.

> But I don't see why this can't happen with unconditional loop invariants?
> Maybe it can be consider safe since loop.c is *always* able to hoist
> unconditional loop invariants?!

I guess that real loop invariants are not supposed to be modified in the loop
at all, so it's OK to move up insns consuming them to the loop pre-header.

--
Eric Botcazou