Re: Effects of newly introduced -mpcX 80387 precision flag

Bradley Lucier wrote:

On May 3, 2007, at 11:11 AM, Uros Bizjak wrote:

Could you please post a patch with suggested wording about this option (I was trying to write something similar to the warning that icc has in its documentation about precision settings).

How about this? It perhaps reflects my own biases, but the term "catastrophic loss of accuracy" is sometimes used in the technical sense that I mean here. For the performance figures, I used the figures you gave in your e-mail but add "or more" to be on the safe side.
What about "significant loss of accuracy" as these options probably won't cause a nuclear reactor meltdown ;)

Uros.