Re: bugzilla broken?

On 5/3/07, Ralf Corsepius <ralf.corsepius@rtems.org> wrote:
Hi,

for reasons I don't know, I am not able to create attachments in gcc's
bugzilla for ca the last 24hrs. When doing so, I am greeted with the
message below.

--- snip ---
Internal Error

GCC Bugzilla has suffered an internal error. Please save this page and
send it to dberlin@gcc.gnu.org with details of what you were doing at
the time this message appeared.

undef error - Undefined subroutine Fh::slice at
data/template/template/en/default/global/hidden-fields.html.tmpl line
58
--- snip ---

Sadly, I can't make a better error message here without a bunch of supporting code that got later added in bugzilla.

What is actually happening is that you aren't logged in when you try
to submit the attachment.  Bugzilla says "okay, i'll just save all the
data they entered in a hidden field and ask them to log in".  For
various reasons, it can't save the attachment data in a hidden field.
You log in
it then tries to find the attachment data it couldn't save, and issues
this error message.

The solution is simply to log in before you submit attachments.
I'm happy to put this in huge letters somewhere, just tell me where.

In later bugzilla's, the error message is now nicer, and includes a
place to reattach the file easily.
This requires a bunch of support code our bugzilla version does not have.
I am simply waiting for bugzilla 3.0 to release, so i can remove most
of our bugzilla hacks in favor of the now-support ways of doing things
like custom fields.
dberlin has been mailed, but no reaction so far.

I was off fixing my Nintendo Wii, so i wasn't checking email :)