Re: GCC mini-summit - compiling for a particular architecture

Citeren Diego Novillo <dnovillo@redhat.com>:

Dave Korn wrote on 04/23/07 14:26:

  Has any of the Acovea research demonstrated whether there actually is any
such thing as a "good default set of flags in all cases"?  If the results

Not Acovea itself. The research I'm talking about involves a compiler whose pipeline can be modified and resequenced. It's not just a matter of adding -f/-m flags. The research I've seen does a fairly good job at modelling AI systems that traverse the immense search space looking for different sequences.

Any references?

--

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital (Aaron Levenstein)

Kenneth Hoste
ELIS - Ghent University
kenneth.hoste@elis.ugent.be
http://www.elis.ugent.be/~kehoste