Re: GCC mini-summit - benchmarks

Kenneth Hoste wrote:
I'm not sure what 'tests' mean here... Are test cases being extracted from the SPEC CPU2006 sources? Or are you refering to the validity tests of the SPEC framework itself (to check whether the output generated by some binary conforms with their reference output)?

The claim is that SPEC CPU2006 has source code bugs that cause it to fail when compiled by gcc. We weren't given a specific list of problem.

There are known problems with older SPEC benchmarks though. For instance, vortex fails on some targets unless compiled with -fno-strict-aliasing.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com