Re: gcc preprocessor

Any developer sense on what it might take to extend the gcc
preprocessor to do these ? I have some experience with gcc front end.
I am especially keen abt multiline macros, so that the lines can be on
separate lines. Any neat trick that can accomplish this by using
#define ?

dz

On 4/20/07, Joe Buck <Joe.Buck@synopsys.com> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 01:27:48PM -0400, drizzle drizzle wrote:
> Ok ....can you tell me what directives does it provide to do what I
> have said . And   I am not a beginner to gcc.

The answer is that gcc provides what the C standard specifies and nothing
more.  You appear to want a more complicated macro-processing language.
You'll need to look elsewhere; m4 is one possibility, though I'dm not a
fan of it.