RE: [cygwin] Can't boostrap current gcc trunk with libjava: ../../../gcc/libjava/classpath/native/fdlibm/mprec.h:297:1: error: "_EXFUN" redefined

On 16 April 2007 20:49, Charles Wilson wrote:

> Or <shudder>, should libjava avoid the reserved name '_EXFUN' for its
> macro, and use some other macro for this purpose?

  The definition of _EXFUN in mprec.h is unconditionally:

#define _EXFUN(name, proto)             name proto

  This looks like some slightly muddle-headed approach to make libjava
backwardly-compatible with K'n'R, which is ... less than necessary AFAICS.  I
don't know whether that mprec.h is an entirely internal header, or whether
it's an external library header that real-world apps might be #including and
using the _EXFUN definition from, but I would have guessed we can make do
without it altogether.

  How about we whip up a patch to just turn all the _EXFUN definitions into
real honest-to-goodness ansi prototypes?  Is it actually serving any real
purpose?

    cheers,
      DaveK