Re: GCC 4.2.0 Status Report (2007-04-15)

> Also, beyond that, I would strongly suspect that these PRs haven't been
> fixed in large part because they're difficult to track down, and
> possibly if we knew what commit had introduced them, we'd be a good bit
> farther along in fixing them, even without having the help of whoever
> introduced them.

That's my feeling as well.  If we knew which checkin caused a P1
regression, there would be considerable "peer pressure" for the person
who checked in that patch to fix it.  I'm not clear that any "rule"
would be stronger.  I think the point is that we no longer *know*
which checkin caused it in most cases or that it happened so long ago
that that information is no longer technically relevant.