Re: GCC 4.2.0 Status Report (2007-04-15)

2007/4/16, François-Xavier Coudert <fxcoudert@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) To update the generated configure scripts of the tarball before
> than distributing it.

It could be done, but there's the risk that an automated process like
that might introduce problems. I'd be more in favour of a nightly
tester that check the "Generated by" headers to see if anything has an
unexpected version number.

if [ $? == 0 ]; then echo "OK. All configure script is generated." else echo "Remove the old configure scripts XXX to non-updated_XXX" fi

Is it complicated? I believe that not.

> 2) Or to remove the non-updated configure scripts.

That's a annoyance, because it would require the autotools to build
the GCC source, which is inconvenient.

FX

The GCC scripts use autotools but the site don't use autotools because it says which is inconvenient. What???

Don't use autotools or do use autotools? yes or no? Or yes-and-no?

J.C. Pizarro