Re: RFC: GIMPLE tuples. Design and implementation proposal

On 4/9/07, Andrew Pinski <pinskia@gmail.com> wrote:
Also I noticed in your pdf, you have "PHI NODE" as 12%, we can improve
the memory usage for this statement by removing the usage of
TREE_CHAIN/TREE_TYPE, so we can save 4/8 bytes for those 12% without
doing much work.  I can send a patch in the next week or so (I am busy
at a conference the next two days but I can start writting a patch
tomorrow).

Here is the quick patch (thanks to the work done for gimple tuple) which does this, removes the unneeded type from phi nodes. I have not tested it except for a quick test on some small testcases so there might be more places which use TREE_CHAIN instead of PHI_CHAIN.

-- Pinski