Re: VAX backend status

On 4/2/07, Toon Moene <toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl> wrote:

Ah ! A clear case of "all the world's a RISC" syndrome.

Actually I think it is a case of CSE/frowprop not doing the correct thing for the addressing modes. So it might be the real problem is the back-end's addressing mode cost are incorrect or just not doing anything. I really think you should debug this better and start with 4.3.0 with frowprop being there which does so much better with addressing modes.

-- Pinski