How to make GCC stop on first error

Hi all,
I wonder if there is some option/flag I can feed to gcc to avoid that it continues compiling my source files after it encounters the first error... I've searched in gcc docs without success.

This is very annoying when e.g. the first error is due to not finding a required header file: after that gcc goes on and spits out tons of errors about missing declarations for those things which are declared in the not-found header file.

btw stopping on the first error is the default behaviour of many other compilers (e.g. M$, borland, watcom compilers on win32)...

Thanks,
Francesco