This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] generated string libraries & -Wformat
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Bruce Korb <bkorb at gnu dot org>
- Cc: patch Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Bruce Korb <Bruce dot Korb at gmail dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 01:09:57 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [patch] generated string libraries & -Wformat
- References: <4605869C.email@example.com> <4605C3EB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, 24 Mar 2007, Bruce Korb wrote:
> This bootstraps in Linux i686 & I can use -Wno-format-contains-nul to
> suppress that warning. OK?
This is not a complete patch submission, I await one with documentation
and testcases (both for the option disabling the diagnostic and for the
use of -Wformat-contains-nul being diagnosed just as other such "ignored
without" diagnostics are tested in gcc.dg/format/opt-*.c).
Joseph S. Myers