Re: why not use setjmp/longjmp within gcc?

Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:
It is quite standard since a long time, and I don't understand why it should
be avoided (as some old Changelog suggest).

Which old ChangeLog? What exactly does it say? We can't help you if we don't know what you are talking about.

There used to be setjmp calls in cse.c and fold-const.c. This was in the FP constant folding code. We would call setjmp, then install a signal handler that called longjmp, in case an FP instruction generated a signal, so we could recover gracefully and continue compiling. But nowadays we use software emulated FP for folding operations, even when native, so we no longer have to worry about getting FP signals here, and the setjmp calls are gone.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com