Re: Google SoC Project Proposal: Better Uninitialized Warnings

Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote on 03/17/07 14:28:

> This is the project proposal that I am planning to submit to Google
> Summer of Code 2007. It is based on previous work of Jeffrey Laws,
> Diego Novillo and others. I hope someone will find it interesting and

Yes, I can act as a mentor.

I'm particularly interested in what we are going to do at -O0.  Ideally,
I would try to build the SSA form and/or a predicated SSA form and try
to phrase the problem in terms of propagation of the uninitialized
attribute.

I agree with your goal of consistency.  The erratic behaviour of the
current -Wuninitialized implementation is, to me, one of the most
annoying traits of GCC.  We can't even reorder the pass pipeline without
running into this problem.