Re: Google SoC Project Proposal: Better Uninitialized Warnings

On 19/03/07, Robert Dewar <dewar@adacore.com> wrote:
Jeffrey Law wrote:

> The one technical bit we never tacked was unoptimized compilation; I
> goof'd at one time and thought we went ahead and build the SSA graph
> even when not optimizing which is incorrect.  I don't think fixing this
> should be a requirement for improving the current situation with
> -Wuninitialized, but if you've got the time, investigation would be
> a great bonus.

I agree this would be helpful. One of the reasons that the GNAT
front end has its own circuits to detect some cases of uninitialized
variables is to get these warnings even with no optimization.

You should really read what I wrote. That is a goal of the project. Was it too long/boring? I can try to shorten it or rewrite some parts.

Cheers,

Manuel.