Re: Building without bootstrapping

when you run configure.

If you do use --disable-bootstrap, just run "make all-gcc".

I tried this, it is still using the compiled-compiler in stage2 and beyond

I added some code to c-parser.c and this crashes the built-compiler
when it tries to  compile itself.  I want the build to stop after
stage 1 , so that I can use gdb on cc1 to debug the problem .
Basically, I am looking for a way to get the Makefile to always use
only the system's pre-built gcc .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

Karthik