AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL for libgfortran

Hi all,

I've been trying to use tweak the libgfortran build machinery to get it generate a libgfortran.dll on windows systems, but I have no luck. I tried adding AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL to configure.ac (just before AM_PROG_LIBTOOL) and -no-undefined to libgfortran_la_LDFLAGS, as is indicated in the autobook and other online resources. but configure (on a cross-compiler from i686-linux to i386-pc-mingw32) still says:

checking if package supports dlls... no
checking whether to build shared libraries... no

Is there another thing needed to get this support? I admit I'm a bit lost in the gigantic GCC build system, but I thought the target libraries were actually rather... standalone, autoconf-ly speaking. I bet I was wrong.

Thanks for any help or hint,
FX