Re: Improvements of the haifa scheduler

Diego Novillo wrote:
Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote on 03/05/07 02:14:

o Fix passes that invalidate tree-ssa alias export.

Yes, this should be good and shouldn't need a lot of work.

o { Fast but unsafe Gupta's aliasing patch, Unsafe tree-ssa alias export } in scheduler's data speculation.

"unsafe" alias export? I would definitely like to see the tree->rtl alias information transfer fixed once and for all. Finishing RAS's tree->rtl work would probably make a good SoC project.

"Unsafe" doesn't mean not fixed. My thought is that it would be nice to have a switch in aliasing that will turn such operations as

join (pt_anything, points_to) -> pt_anything

into

join (pt_anything, points_to) -> points_to

This transformation will sacrifice correctness for sake of additional information.

Thanks,

Maxim