Re: Massive SPEC failures on trunk

Andrew Pinski wrote:
For one, the 176.gcc in SPEC 2k has an aliasing violation in it so
that failing is known.  You might want to try adding
-fno-strict-aliasing.
In this case we would need to add -fno-strict-aliasing to CFLAGS for the whole 'int' test set, since we follow 'baseline' rules. That would result overall performance degradation. Thus we prefer alternative sources in this particular case.

I have been asking someone who has the power to submit an alt to SPEC
for that failure for 3 years now and now it is too late really.
We have made some changes for 176.gcc in spec cpu2000 v1.3 (see http://www.spec.org/cpu2000/issues/). We can either assist in submitting issues via Intel's representative in SPEC committee later on.

- Grigory