What tells the coding style about whitespaces at end of lines or in *empty* lines ?

Hi,

I noticed while editing gcc files, that there are a lot of *useless*
whitespaces at the end of lines or within empty lines, which are getting
automatic removed by some *smarter* editors as I am common to use *sigh*.
This leads to huge diff files and the real change is getting veiled. I
think it would be nice to eliminate these *usesless* whitespaces.

Regards,
 i.A. Kai Tietz

  Kai Tietz - Software engineering
  OneVision Software Entwicklungs GmbH & Co KG
  Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 9, 93049 Regensburg, Germany
  Phone: +49-941-78004-0
  FAX:   +49-941-78004-489
  WWW:   http://www.OneVision.com