Re: GCC 4.2.0 Status Report (2007-02-19)

Paolo Bonzini wrote:

In term of ports, yes I am agree. As the preformance even with last Paolo's patches (some changes could be applied to the mainline too, so it is not only about df), the branch compiler is still 8.7% slower for SPECint2000 compilation on 2.66Ghz Core2 with --enable-check=release.

Just to straighten things, only one patch (the one approved by Roger for mainline) has been applied to dataflow branch.

Of the four patches I posted, the CSE patch could also go into mainline.

The combine patches (not yet applied to dataflow-branch even) give ~1% in addition to that and Kenny has a patch to provide LUIDs for free to all passes; that will probably give another 0.5-1%.

Paolo, you did a really great job!

As for posted number, sorry I should be more clear. I posted numbers for all your 4 patches which I applied manualy to the branch. And comparison is done with the mainline on the last merge done by Danny.