Re: Some thoughts and quetsions about the data flow infrastracture

Richard Kenner wrote:
Yes, one possibility is to use a RTX hook for this too. By default you would return NULL (and this would propagate up); in combine you could override it to return the CLOBBER.

I really don't see why. Look at when combine calls the simplify routines now. If they return zero, it uses the original value.

Some of the combine simplifications (you obviously know that) work by "hoping" that the CLOBBER is simplified away. I don't think you can preserve all their power if you propagate NULL. In most cases you can replace CLOBBER with NULL, but I don't think that's possible everywhere.

Paolo