Re: GCC 4.1.2 RC3 Cancelled

Kaveh R. GHAZI wrote:

> What I need to work out is what combinations of target and flags this
> problem occurs under.  E.g. is this problem sparc-solaris only or does it
> occur on any target using pic?  Or is it some subset of all platforms?
> What about targets that default to pic without any extra flags?  Etc.

It will occur on any target where binds_local_p is false for the
function that does not throw exceptions.  That is target-dependent, but,
in general, it will fail with -fpic of -fPIC.  The reason is that the
default implementation of binds_local_p considers global functions not
to be locally bound in shared libraries (which it determines by checking
flag_shlib) and flag_shlib is generally set if flag_pic is true.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery