Re: G++ OpenMP implementation uses TREE_COMPLEXITY?!?!

On 1/29/07, Joe Buck <Joe.Buck@synopsys.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 03:24:56PM +0100, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> But then to have Mark *support* rth's change, that really shows the
> total lack of leadership and a common plan in the design of gcc.

There you go again.

Actually, there *you* go again :-) Do you know I can't find even just one mail from you that did not in one way or another criticize the way I said something?

 Mark did not support or oppose rth's change, he just
said that rth probably thought he had a good reason.

Well, forgive me for missing the subtle difference between supporting a change and suggesting there was a good reason for the change.

Also, to say that there is no common plan in GCC, or that there is no
good leadership of the project, is just the expresion of my opinion.
I really am of the opinion that gcc is a strange project which claims
to be open but where the maintainers are appointed by a group of
people that hasn't changed in ten years time. If you see that as
attacking someone personally, that is your problem, not mine.

If you think that there's a problem with a patch, there are ways to say so
without questioning the competence or good intentions of the person who
made it.

Where did I question rth's competence? If you're going to be so picky about everything I say, can you at least be specific?

Gr.
Steven