meaning of typedef ...and something more

Hi, my question is about the meanig of qualifiers in combination with
typedefs. For example:

typedef int function1();
typedef int function2();
typedef function1 transition1;
typedef function2 transition2;
int Def_Fun( volatile transition1);
int Def_Fun( volatile transition2 const);

Specífically, between functionX and transitionX, and before functionX we can
add pointer, volatile and const, but what are the meanings of this
cualifiers in that places.
Someone can help us?. Thanks!

--
Departamento de Computaciòn