Re: Mis-handled ColdFire submission?

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 09:13:54PM +0000, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> I know Andrew replied privately, but I hope he doesn't mind me raising
> the issue on-list.  I just wanted to guage the general feeling as to
> whether I'd screwed up, and whether I should have submitted the patches
> in a different way.

   I think splitting the submission into separate patches was a good idea
and FWIW, I did read all 63 of them. I agree with Eric Botcazou about
your way of posting them in a thread.

   My only critisism is that surely, all these improvements weren't carried
out just last week. I.e. some of them could have been submitted earlier,
thereby making them available to users earlier as well as preventing
duplicate work. An example is PR target/28181, which was reported half a
year ago and at least three people worked on fixing. So once your patches
are ready, go ahead and submit them.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen