This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: running bprob.exp tests in a cross-testing environment
- From: Adam Nemet <anemet at caviumnetworks dot com>
- To: Ben Elliston <bje at au1 dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, janis187 at us dot ibm dot com
- Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:43:59 -0800
- Subject: Re: running bprob.exp tests in a cross-testing environment
- References: <1166655415.14028.8.camel@localhost>
Ben Elliston <email@example.com> writes:
> I see a couple of solutions, but would like to discuss them here before
> working on a patch:
> 1. have the bprob.exp test driver create the appropriate directory
> tree on the target (and remove it when finished); or
> 2. set GCOV_PREFIX when running the test case so that the home
> directory on the target is prefixed. The test harness would
> need to also prefix the .gcda filename when fetching the data
> file from the target.
If it is not too late I'd prefer the latter. If I understand the
problem correctly the former would still fail if the test user is not
privileged enough to recreate the directory structure under /.
Thanks for working on this.