Re: changing "configure" to default to "gcc -g -O2 -fwrapv ..."

Diego Novillo <dnovillo@redhat.com> writes:

| Mark Mitchell wrote on 01/01/07 14:46:
|
| > What a thread this has turned out to be.
| >
| Indeed.
|
| In general, I'm not too thrilled with the idea of disabling
| transformations for the sake of non-conforming code.  However, I would
| not mind a -fconforming flag similar to -fstrict-aliasing.

Yes, we need a flag of some sort.

However, a C implementation with LIA-1 semantics is just as conforming
and standard as a C implementation without it.  So, we must be careful
about what we hide behind the flags and what we want it to convey.

-- Gaby