Re: changing "configure" to default to "gcc -g -O2 -fwrapv ..."

On 12/30/06, Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu> wrote:

For example, GCC itself assumes wrapv semantics internally, but according to the -fwrapv opponents GCC is obviously "at fault" here and should be fixed, so that shouldn't count, right? (If that's the way the data will be collected, I think I know how things will turn out. :-)

Where does GCC assume wrapv semantics? GCC assumes two's complement arithmetic in the backend - but that's different as it's not ISO C it is generating but target machine assembly code.

Richard.