Re: changing "configure" to default to "gcc -g -O2 -fwrapv ..."

On 12/29/06, Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu> wrote:
> the much more often reported problems are with
> -fstrict-aliasing, and this one also doesn't get any
> special treatment by autoconf.

That's a good point, and it somewhat counterbalances the
opposing point that -O2 does not currently imply
'-ffast-math'ish optimizations even though the C standard
would allow it to.

Can you point me to the relevant section/paragraph in C99 standard where it allows the implementation to do -ffast-math style optimization ? C99 Annex F.8 quite clearly says the implementation can't, as long as it claims any conformity to IEC 60559. -- #pragma ident "Seongbae Park, compiler, http://seongbae.blogspot.com";