This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: changing "configure" to default to "gcc -g -O2 -fwrapv ..."
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Cc: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, autoconf-patches at gnu dot org, Paul Eggert <eggert at CS dot UCLA dot EDU>, bug-gnulib at gnu dot org, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu dot integrable-solutions dot net>, dnovillo at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:52:23 -0500
- Subject: Re: changing "configure" to default to "gcc -g -O2 -fwrapv ..."
- References: <200612291732.kBTHWNkC024013@localhost.localdomain> <email@example.com>
On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 10:44:02PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> (BTW, I would be somewhat disappointed if this had to be pampered over
> on the autoconf side. If the GNU project needs -fwrapv for its own
> software by default, this should be reflected in the compiler's
I absolutely agree. My impression is that the current situation is a
disagreement between (some of, at least) the GCC developers, and
someone who can commit to autoconf; but I think it would be a very
bad choice for the GNU project to work around itself. If we can't
come to an agreement on the list, please ask the Steering Committee.
This is a textbook example of what they're for.