Re: changing "configure" to default to "gcc -g -O2 -fwrapv ..."

On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 10:44:02PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> (BTW, I would be somewhat disappointed if this had to be pampered over
> on the autoconf side.  If the GNU project needs -fwrapv for its own
> software by default, this should be reflected in the compiler's
> defaults.

I absolutely agree.  My impression is that the current situation is a
disagreement between (some of, at least) the GCC developers, and
someone who can commit to autoconf; but I think it would be a very
bad choice for the GNU project to work around itself.  If we can't
come to an agreement on the list, please ask the Steering Committee.
This is a textbook example of what they're for.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery