This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
"Fix alias slowdown" patch miscompiles 464.h264ref in SPEC CPU
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: dberlin at dberlin dot org
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 12:17:02 -0800
- Subject: "Fix alias slowdown" patch miscompiles 464.h264ref in SPEC CPU
Do you have access to SPEC CPU 2006? Your patch
causes gcc 4.3 to miscompile 464.h264ref in SPEC CPU 2006 with
-O2 -ffast-math on Linux/x86-64. 464.h264ref compiled with gcc 4.3
generates incorrect output. We are working on a small testcase.