Re: Gimple Type System

Thanks for this information.  I presume from you response that there
is a plan to address this issues, is this something that will be
happening in the 'near-term', by that I mean within the next 6-9
months?

Richard

On 12/6/06, Diego Novillo <dnovillo@redhat.com> wrote:
Richard Warburton wrote on 12/06/06 07:59:

> I would be most grateful of an answer to these questions, since I find
> the implementation of the gimple type system to be a little puzzling.

That's because there is *no* GIMPLE type system.  GIMPLE latches on to
the type system of the input language, via the so called 'language
hooks' (see lang_hooks.types_compatible_p).  This is a limitation that
has not been addressed yet.