Re: Determining if a function has vague linkage

Brendon Costa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I understand that all template functions in GCC should have vague
> linkage and thus may be exported into numerous translation units where
> they are used. I have been attempting to use a few different macros on
> both an instanciated template functions FUNCTION_DECL node and a normal
> functions FUNCTION_DECL node to see what the results are. I have tried:
>
> DECL_WEAK(fndecl)
> DECL_ONE_ONLY(fndecl)
> DECL_COMDAT(fndecl)
> DECL_DEFER_OUTPUT(fndecl)
> DECL_REPO_AVAILABLE_P(fndecl)
> IDENTIFIER_REPO_CHOSEN(DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME(fndecl))
>
> and ALL of these macros are returning false for both the FUNCTION_DECL
> nodes. Is there any macro i can use to determine if a FUNCTION_DECL node
> has vague linkage? Or do i need to just assume that it is the sace for a
> template function?

I forgot to mention that i also looked at the DECL_LINKONCE_P() macro as
mentioned in the GCC internals documentation. However it has not yet
been implemented. This macro could help me i think.

I dont know enough about GCC to write this macro myself. Is there anyone
willing to implement this? I am willing to help in some way, I just dont
know where to start.

Thanks,
Brendon.