Re: Submitting tuning patches in stage 1

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2006-09/msg00454.html

* Stage 2 Projects

If you have a Stage 2 project that's ready, reviewed, and tested, you
can check in early. For example, the Stage 2 list has
architecture-specific work listed for ARM, ColdFire, and x86-64. If
that work is ready, it's unlikely to affect the Stage 1 work, so it's
fine for it to go in early. The reason it's in Stage 2 is that it
wouldn't perturb me for it to go in during Stage 2; in contrast, the
new dataflow stuff should go in soon so that we have time to fix any
problems that arise and so that future work can build on that
platform.

However, if you are going to commit early, please announce that fact
at least 72 hours before you actually do your check-in, so that people
working on Stage 1 projects can ask you to wait, and please respect ay
such requests.