strict aliasing warning

I wrote some code (not released yet) that improves the accuracy of -Wstrict-aliasing using tree-ssa-alias information. The primary idea was to tell the programmer "go fix the types of variables x and y at lines ..." when -fstrict-aliasing breaks their code.

It occurred to me that part of this code could be used as a preconditioner to aggressive optimization that would normally require -fstrict-aliasing, so this more aggressive optimization can then be performed selectively on individual functions even with -fno-strict-aliasing on the command line. I fear a little though that the functions which are provably free of cross-type aliasing might also not benefit much from -fstrict-aliasing, but I have very little experience with C compilers and GCC. Is this something worth pursuing?

Thank you,
Silvius