Re: "insn outside basic block" in custom back end

On Thursday 19 October 2006 23:10, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen wrote:
>    Also, looking at the insns added during the vregs pass, notice that some
> of them use HImode registers. Have you forgotten to change something from
> HImode to QImode? Maybe your Pmode? For example, this sequence is clearly
> bogus, since the upper half of (reg:HI 17) is not initialized before use:

> break make_insn_raw if cur_insn_uid >= 28
> and get a backtrace from there. Go back a few frames, looking for a
> function which uses macros or target hooks from your target.[ch], such as
> those in <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Stack-and-Calling.html>.
> And when you hit the breakpoint, also

I found the cause of my problem the way you described above by putting a
breakpoint in make_insn_raw. You were right about the instruction not having
been switched to QI mode. It was a simpled add-Instruction that was still
using HI-mode which I had overlooked when I changed my .md.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Frank