Re: Configure test hangs on powerpc64-linux

On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 09:36:00PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> It never returns from ppc64_elf_gc_mark_hook (spins looking things up
> in a hash table, I don't have the matching source handy).  I expect
> this is fixed in later binutils

2006-01-17

> Is there some way we can avoid an infinite loop in configure for this
> case?

Not without making _start look like a proper ppc64 function
descriptor, ie. defined in .opd.  But then the test would pass, and
you want it to fail on 2.16.1 otherwise you'll get the hang later when
building libstdc++.  Ideally configure ought to be able to test for
a hang in ld.  If that's too hard, then I suppose you could fail this
test for powerpc64 based on ld version.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre