backporting arm eabi to 4.0

I am working on a ARM backend for LLVM. The problemis that llvm-gcc is
currently based on gcc 4.0 and I would like to use the new EABI.

I have started to back port the ABI from 4.1 to 4.0. The first attempt
was to just copy the gcc/config/arm directory and try to fix build
errors. This proved hard because the new files depend on new
infrastructure.

What I am trying right now is to build a list of patches that are in
the 4.1 branch but not in the 4.0. Then I will try to selectively move
then to 4.0.

Does someone has a better idea or some suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks,
Rafael