Information about Tree SSA

Hi,
i have read your article "Design and Implementation of Tree SSA" and i
need an explanation about the basic_block.
How i can a build the basic_block chain from a file?? I have read the
API Documentation and i have not found how to build the basic_block
from a file .cfg (control flow graph). I have seen some functions to
build it from a structure named tree but i don't know how to build
this tree structure from the file. I know that the tree is the abstact
syntax tree but i don't know how to obtained it directly from the
source C code.
Thanks,
Andrea