Re: How to grow the Fortran I/O parameter struct and keep ABI compatibility

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 06:16:50AM -0500, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

> If you want to add over time new fields, if there is space in
> common.flags, you just define a new bit there and add the new field
> to the end of u.p structure if there is space for it.  That's the
> easy part.

We're having a flag day anyway, for symbol versioning.  There are
numerous options to OPEN in F2003 (and possibly in other I/O
statements, I haven't checked) that we will want to implement
eventually, and which would require extra bits.

Suggestion:  We should make sure we can accommodate F2003 with
4.2 and 4.3 by increasing the possible number of flags as needed.

Opinions?

	Thomas