Re: Problem with listing i686-apple-darwin as a Primary Platform

Jack Howarth wrote:
    I would more worried about the second issue if gcc 4.2 was
remotely close to release. However at the rate regressions are
being fixed (or not) in gcc 4.2 branch, I wouldn't hold my
breath as to which is released first (gcc 4.2 or Leopard).
Once Leopard is released, Darwin8 will become the 'previous'
release and the problem on Darwin PPC will go away.

All this would be fine, if it was not that (correct me if I'm wrong, I'd love to be corrected) you have to pay to get the latest Mac OS. That may be a very good reason why some people are stuck with 10.3.9 for example. If I had to do it with my own money, I would not have spent 120 euros for Tiger.

Paolo