Re: [PING] fwprop in 4.3 stage 1?

Hi Paolo,

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Given that Roger started the ball rolling, by approving Steven's
> -fcse-skip-blocks patch, I'll ping the discussion...

I believe the appropriate next step is to freshen these patches against
mainline, and re-bootstrap and regression test them.  Not only do
the patches you cite date back to last May, but they haven't been
revised to reflect the reviewer comments they recieved.  For example,
Joseph Myers pointed out they contained the wrong FSF address.

I might also be getting confused, but I also remember that supporting
patches were committed to the tree, to address some of the performance
issues with these patches, so benchmarking should look better now.

I foresee no problems in getting the fwprop pass merged into mainline
this week.  One detail I would like resolved however, is if you and
Steven Bosscher could confirm you're both co-ordinating your efforts.
Presumably, adding fwprop is part of the agreed upon game-plan, and
not something that will complicate Steven's CSE efforts.

Roger