Re: build failure, GMP not available

On 10/31/06, Marcin Dalecki <martin@dalecki.de> wrote:
This question is not related to the apparent
instability and thus
low quality of GMP/MPFR at all.

This is the second time I see someone complain about GMP/MPFR instability. What is this complaint based on? We've used GMP in g95 and later gfortran since the project incarnation 7 years ago, and as far as I know we've never had to change anything for reasons of instability. In fact, AFAIK we still had source compatibility when we moved from GMP3 to GMP4. Is there some bug report / web page somewhere that describes the instability problems you folks apparently have on Macs?

Gr.
Steven